Share dealing services
You can buy shares through any authorised stockbroker or bank that offers a share dealing service in the UK, or in your country of residence if outside the UK.
A telephone dealing service has also been arranged with Stocktrade which provides a simple way for buying or selling Morgan Sindall Group plc shares. Basic commission is 0.5% up to £10,000, reducing to 0.2% thereafter (subject to a minimum commission of £17.50). Sales are carried out on a 10-day settlement basis and purchases on a two-day basis. When buying shares, payment must be made by debit card at the time of dealing. For further information, please call 0131 240 0400 and quote reference Morgan Sindall Dial and Deal Service.
Unsolicited mail, investment advice or fraud
The Company is obliged by law to make its share register publicly available and, as a result, some shareholders may receive unsolicited mail. In addition, many companies have become aware that their shareholders have received unsolicited phone calls or correspondence, typically from overseas ‘brokers’, concerning investment matters.
These callers can be very persistent and extremely persuasive and their activities have resulted in considerable losses for some investors. It is not just the novice investor that has been deceived in this way; many of the victims have been successfully investing for several years. Shareholders are advised to be very wary of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount or offers of free company reports. Please keep in mind that firms authorised by the FCA are unlikely to contact you out of the blue with an offer to buy or sell shares.
If you receive any unsolicited mail or investment advice:
- make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation
- check the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk
- use the details on the Financial Services Register to contact the firm
- call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6788 if there are no contact details on the Register or you are told they are out of date
- beware of fraudsters claiming to be from an authorised firm, copying its website or giving you false contact details
- use the firm’s contact details listed on the Register if you want to call it back
- search the list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with at www.fca.org.uk/scams
- report a share scam by telling the FCA using the share fraud reporting form at www.fca.org.uk/scams
- if the unsolicited phone calls persist, hang up
- if you wish to limit the amount of unsolicited mail you receive, contact The Mailing Preference Service, FREEPOST 29 (LON20771), London W1E 0ZT or visit the website at www.mpsonline.org.uk
If you deal with an unauthorised firm, you will not be eligible to receive payment under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If you have already paid money to share fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.